Choosing an Accredited School
Considering accreditation in your college search is important because when a school is accredited it not only means that its legitimacy and quality have been tested, but also that it likely has a better reputation among other health care professionals and the public than would unaccredited schools.
No one can guarantee success, but the school you choose will be the biggest factor in your professional results. Your investment in an accredited school says volumes about your commitment to excellence and determination for success. If a school is telling you how great they are, just ask “are you an accredited school” and if not, why?
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a form of endorsement that colleges and universities use to let potential students know that their program offers a valid education that is officially recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Accreditation ensures a basic level of quality in the education you receive from an institution. It also ensures your degrees will be recognized for the true achievements they are. It is the job of an accreditation organization to review colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education to guarantee quality and improvement efforts.
Accreditation is the tool we use to monitor, assess, and evaluate the standards and quality of the education a student receives at a college, university, or other institution of higher learning. Because of the process of accreditation, students and families can trust that the education they are paying for is valuable and worthwhile.
HMI Accreditation and Approvals
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Licensed to Operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) as a provider of continuing education credits for Registered Nurses.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California (DBC) as a provider of continuing education credits for licensed Dentists and Dental Assistants.
- Approved by the Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 as an educational provider for Certification in Hypnotherapy.