- Name of Institution: Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI) Distance Education School
- Address: 18607 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 310, Tarzana, California 91356-4154
- Year Founded: 1968
- First Accredited: 1989
- President: George J. Kappas, MA, LMFT
- Accreditation(s) and Agency Email Contact Information: Distance Education Accrediting Council, DEAC, Info@DEAC.org
- Participation in Funding Programs: N/A (Non-Title IV)
Mission and Description
Institution Mission Statement: It is the mission of HMI to continuously explore, within ourselves and others, how our subconscious mind can influence our behavior, affect the events of our lives, and empower us to achieve our dreams and goals. Our philosophy is based on the belief that the subconscious mind is a goal machine, dedicated and driven toward the fulfillment of a programmed path.
Our primary tenet is that all of the events of our lives, including "luck," both good and bad, is a manifestation of the energy that emanates from our subconscious mind. This energy continuously strives to fulfill the agenda for which it is programmed. Through research, education, and the clinical application of this tenet, HMI aspires to better the world by fostering a greater awareness of these principles, and the development of one’s subconscious mind to be more congruous with their conscious desires.
HMI School Mission
It is the Mission of HMI’s Hypnotherapy school to:
- Continually strive to provide the highest quality and most up to date Resident and Distance Education training possible that is educationally sound and demonstrably effective.
- Administrate, advertise and operate the school in a manner that meets the spirit and standards of accredited schools and to ensure that standard through ongoing voluntary participation in the accreditation process.
- Recognize student’s individual differences to produce competent and satisfied graduates that are prepared for self-employed private practice in hypnotherapy and/or applying hypnotherapy techniques in their existing profession.
- Instill in graduates the motivation to pursue the spirit of service to the community that HMI embodies.
- Areas of Special Focus: Hypnotherapy Training
- Description of Institution: Vocational
- Student Demographic Profile: 18+ years old, high school grad or equivalent
- Courses/Programs/Degrees: Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Average Program Tuition/Cost Per Credit Hour: $2,995.00 (USD) Total Cost
Completion/Graduation Rate for ALL programs/courses:
2017 Graduate/Completion Statistics
- 200 Students Enrolled
- 100 Graduates
- 26 Withdrawn
- 74 Still in Progress
- Graduate Rate: 79%
Student Satisfaction Results
100 Students Surveyed:
- 67 Responded
- 33 Not Responded
- 67 Answered Yes to the following statements:
- Did you achieve, or will you have achieved upon completing your studies, the goals you had when you started the course or program?
- Would you recommend these studies to a friend?
- All things considered, were you satisfied with your studies at this Institution?
- Percentage of Respondents Reporting Satisfaction: 100%
Other Indicators of Success that do Not Apply to HMI
- Pass rate in licensure exam: N/A
- Acceptance at other schools/universities: N/A
- Received job promotion or salary increase as a result: N/A
- Gained salary increase as a result: N/A
- Pass rates on exams (GRE, SAT, LSAT, etc.): N/A
- Gained a new job as a result: N/A (Other than Self-Employment)