Policies and Procedures A Code of Conduct for the Distance Learning Student
As a student of a DEAC accredited distance education institution, I recognize that in the pursuit of my educational goals and aspirations I have certain responsibilities toward my fellow distance learners, my institution and myself.
To fulfill these responsibilities, I pledge adherence to this Code of Conduct. I will observe fully the standards, rules, policies and guidelines established by my institution, the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council, the State Education Agency and other appropriate organization serving an oversight role for my institution. Details of policies mentioned below are found in the HMI Student Guide and Catalog Addendum, part of each student enrollment.
I will adhere to high ethical standards in the pursuit of my education, and to the best of my ability will:
- Conduct myself with professionalism, courtesy and respect for others in all of my dealings with the institution staff, faculty and other students.
- Present my qualifications and background truthfully and accurately for admission to the institution.
- Observe the institutional policies and rules on submitting work, taking examinations, participating in online discussions and conducting research.
- Never turn in work that is not my own, or present another person’s ideas or scholarship as my own.
- Never ask for, receive, or give unauthorized help on graded assignments, quizzes, and examinations.
- Never use the HMI Forums, Practice Groups or HMI courses to promote, advertise or sell any products or services unrelated or unauthorized by HMI.
- Never divulge the content of or answers to quizzes or examinations to fellow students.
- Never improperly use, destroy, forge or alter my institution’s documents, transcripts, or other records.
- Never divulge my online username or password.
- Always observe the recommended study schedule for my program of studies.
- Always report any violations of this Code of Conduct to the appropriate institution official, and report any evidence of cheating, plagiarism or improper conduct on the part of any student of the institution when I have direct knowledge of these activities.
- Conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person including physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, and/or coercion.
- While students are encouraged to practice techniques with other students via Skype, phone or practice groups, they are not to conduct “therapy sessions”, give “therapeutic hypnotic suggestions” or engage in “therapeutic relationships” with other HMI students.
- Reckless, disorderly, or lewd conduct that occurs on or off-campus.
- Any violation of HMI’s Harassment, Discrimination, Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Substantially interfering with the freedom of expression of others.
- HMI educational videos and workbooks are protected content. Students are not allow to share, post, sell or distribute HMI videos and written documents without express written consent from HMI. Adherence to HMI’s copyright policy.