Biography for Kathy L. Gruver, PhD
Kathy Gruver, PhD has graced stages on four continents (including 2 TEDx), three cruise ships and a handful of islands. Her combination of humor, performance background, real life experience and formal education makes her a well-rounded, in-demand speaker. She hosted the TV show based on her first book, The Alternative Medicine Cabinet and has earned her PhD in Natural Health.
Dr. Gruver is the twelve-time award-winning author of seven books including, Conquer Your Stress, Workplace Wellness, Conquer your Stress at Work, and Journey of Healing.
She has studied mind/body medicine at the famed Benson-Henry Institute for Mind-Body Medicine at Harvard, and has been featured as an expert in numerous publications including Forbes, Glamour, Fitness, Time, WebMD, Prevention, Huffington Post and Dr. Oz’s The Good Life. She has appeared on over 250 radio and TV shows including Lifetime, NPR, CBS Radio and SkyNews London.
In 2015 she had the privilege of creating a stress reduction program for the US Military and has been studying psychology and human behavior her entire life.
Dr. Gruver is a coach and hypnotherapist and is also the co-host of the new Fire and Earth Podcast. For fun and stress relief she does flying trapeze and plays Dungeons and Dragons.
- Assist Healing
- Career Success
- Chronic Pain
- General Practice
- Improve Health
- Pain Management
- Past Life Regression
- Public Speaking
- Reach Goals
- Self Criticism
- Self Esteem
- Self Image
- Stage Fright
Kathy Gruver, PhD has been involved in health and wellness for over 30 years. Her long career started as a massage therapist and she has since added multiple modalities to help her clients heal. Always attracted to hypnotherapy for health Dr. Gruver has recently added that to her practice in Santa Barbara, California.
Already working with clients in pain and dealing with stress issues hypnotherapy was the next logical step to add tools to her vast box to help clients. Specializing in pain management, pre- and post-op, creative visualization and past life regression, she helps clients tap into their subconscious for healing.
Kathy has helped thousands of clients through her stress management programs, massage and hypnotherapy. She has also lectured around the world and has written seven books on health.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy - 818-758-2747
Date Started: 06/10/2014 - Date Graduated: 09/23/2014
Total Hours: 300 - Total Weeks: 52 - Total Years: 1
Clayton College of Natural Health
Date Started: 10/01/2008 - Date Graduated: 07/01/2011
Dr. Gruver has studied extensively at Harvard Medical School participating in dozens of hours of continuing education. She participated in multiple classes through the Benson-Henry Institute of Mind/Body Medicine and other institutions nationwide.
Kathy also recently finished her coaching training through CTI and will be certified with International Coaching Federation later in 2020.
Continuing Education from the American Hypnosis Association
- Basic Emotional Freedom Technique - 04 2014
- Chakra Balancing Level One - 11 2014
- Clinical Case History Series 1 - 06 2014
- Counseling and Interviewing - 07 2018
- First Three Hypnosis Sessions - 09 2014
- Hypnosis and the Law of Attraction - 07 2016
- Hypnosis in History - 04 2014
- Neuro Linguistic Programming 1 - 09 2018
- Neuro Linguistic Programming 2 - 09 2018
- Rapid Inductions - 02 2015
- Stage Hypnosis Demonstrational Techniques - 11 2014
- Therapeutic Imagery Training - Imagery for Life Passages - 11 2015
- Therapeutic Imagery Training - Metaphysical Imagery - 11 2015
- Therapeutic Imagery Training - Mythic and Archetypal Imagery - 11 2015
- Therapeutic Imagery Training - Mythic and Archetypal Imagery - 11 2014
- Thirteen Breaths to Freedom - 09 2016
- Master Hypnotist
Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 - 818-659-8687
Certification Number: 25420737
Certification Valid To: Aug 25, 2021
Certifications from the American Hypnosis Association
- Healing the Inner Child - 08 2015
- Hypnosis and Pain Management - 03 2014
- Hypnosis and PTSD - 02 2015
- Hypnosis for Immune Disorders - 06 2015
- Past Life Regression - 09 2014
- Past-Life Regression Therapist - 04 2014
- Pre and Post Surgery Hypnosis - 06 2014
- Smoking Cessation - 06 2017
- Therapeutic Imagery Facilitator - 09 2015
- Therapeutic Imagery Master - 12 2015
- Therapeutic Imagery Training - Advanced Imagery - 11 2015
- Trauma Recovery Hypnosis - 12 2017
- Spirit of Entrepreneurship award
National Assoc of Women Business Owners - 07/01/2016
- American Hypnosis Association
Member Since: 2014
- Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
Member Since: 2014
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
Member Since: 2000
Healing Circle Hypnotherapy
Kathy L. Gruver
Healing Circle Hypnotherapy
Santa Barbara, California 93130, United States