Biography for Steve Cohen
I am a Hypnosis Health Coach and Keynote Speaker, helping people manage stress, anxiety, pain and sorrow without pharmaceuticals.
My initial training was at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago in the field of Occupational Therapy; it assisted me in experiencing the developmental stages of children as we repeated particular habits to overcome their physical limitations.
My career transformed into Infusion Nursing as I took my lessons from the rehabilitation field into the area of medicine. My patients were now receiving treatments in their homes, many with cancerous or precancerous conditions. During that time, I provided many of those patients’ hypnosis sessions to offset the side effects of their medications.
As a Hypnotherapist, I continue to not only practice but research daily as this is integral to my mission at Medvesta Hypnosis, as this helps me to discover better forms of care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or another therapy combined within or outside my practice.
- Assist Healing
- Change Habits
- Hair Twisting
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain Management
- Self Esteem
- Sleep Disorders
- Stop Smoking
- Weight Loss
I have over 30 years’ of experience in the healthcare field, with a strong background in rehabilitation and administering infusion medications but that did not always make people healthier. I now work with clients to be proactive with their health as there are signals that much of health spending does little to improve health, nor does consuming medication after medication.
I have used visualization in place of medication when appropriate, as I work with, not against the medical field.
My practice has been one of self-motivation and organization as I have been an advocate providing thorough and skillful support. I have assisted individuals to partake in improving their own healthcare using different subspecialties of hypnosis in sessions and workshops. I have used my education and professional experiences in the healthcare field to assist my hypnosis clients to decrease their excess health costs from unnecessary services, services inefficiently delivered and missed prevention opportunities.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy - 818-758-2700
Date Started: 04/14/2016 - Date Graduated: 01/30/2017
Total Hours: 300 - Total Weeks: 52 - Total Years: 1
Continuing Education from the American Hypnosis Association
- Emergency Hypnosis - 08/2017
- First Three Hypnosis Sessions - 01/2016
- How to Give a Dynamic Hypnosis Speech - 02/2017
- Hypnosis in History - 10/2014
- Hypnotic Regression - 05/2016
- Rapid and Instant Inductions - 01/2016
- Sigil Magic Imagery - Draw your Way to Success - 03/2019
Certifications from the American Hypnosis Association
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming - 12/2017
- Healing the Inner Child - 03/2016
- Hypnosis and Pain Management - 09/2017
- Hypnosis and PTSD - 06/2018
- Hypnosis and Smoking Cessation - 03/2017
- Hypnosis and Sports Performance - 06/2018
- Hypnosis and Weight Loss - 08/2017
- Hypnosis for the Caregiver - 06/2017
- Past-Life Regression Therapist - 02/2017
- Pre and Post Surgery Hypnosis - 08/2018
- Honors Graduate
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - 01/30/2017
- American Hypnosis Association
Member Since: 2015
- Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
Member Since: 2017
Batavia, Illinois 60510, United States