Biography for Tina McKenzie, CHt
My father took a course in hypnosis when I was five. I grew up seeing him use it to help family and friends overcome personal problems and pain with astonishing success. This taught me the power of the subconscious mind and established a life-long belief that we all have unlimited potential which we can access.
After working in various aspects of television and film for years, I had a growing desire to do something that would make a difference for people - something that I really believed in.
One day, the answer suddenly came into clear focus: I believe in hypnosis. Then things moved fast - a Google search, enrollment at HMI, a one-year course that I did nights and weekends while working two jobs - and I’ve been working as a Certified Hypnotherapist since graduating in May 2015.
I’m grateful to my open-minded parents who taught me about the power of the mind. And I’ve named my business McKenzie Hypnosis because I feel like I’m carrying the torch that my dad handed off to me.
Hypnosis is an amazing tool that can help you achieve what you want and live life more fully. I would love to help you achieve whatever is important to you.
- Change Habits
- Exam Anxiety
- Performance Anxiety
- Public Speaking
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Self Expression
- Social Phobia
- Stop Smoking
- Study Habits
Because of my father’s study of hypnosis, I began reading about the power of the subconscious to make changes in your life at an early age. In retrospect, I now realize how much my desire to overcome my own personal issues prepared me to help my clients with theirs.
I am an Honors Graduate from HMI and have completed certification courses in smoking cessation, tinnitus and reiki level one. I see clients in HMI’s Tarzana office, occasionally in their own homes and in the near future, in my home office in North Hollywood.
I am committed to helping people and want my clients to leave every session feeling better than they did when they came in. It is my intention to use hypnosis to help them create the lives they want for themselves.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Honors
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy - 818-758-2700
Date Started: 05/21/2015 - Date Graduated: 05/21/2016
Total Hours: 720 - Total Weeks: 52 - Total Years: 1
Continuing Education from the American Hypnosis Association
- Basic Emotional Freedom Technique - 06/2017
- Basic Emotional Freedom Technique - 10/2017
- Child Hypnosis - 12/2016
- Clinical Case History Package 2 - 05/2016
- How to Release Self-Limiting Beliefs - 04/2016
- Hypnosis and the Law of Attraction - 06/2016
- Hypnosis for Clients with Cancer - 10/2019
- Hypnosis in History - 05/2015
- Hypnotic Scripts - 07/2018
- PsychoNeuroPlasticity and Hypnosis - 07/2015
- Shadows, Sabotage and Subconscious Success - 04/2016
- Skeleton Key to Ericksonian Hypnotherapy - 07/2015
- Stress Relief Techniques - 06/2018
- The Art of Positive Thinking - 04/2016
- The Power of Placebo and Nocebo Effects - 07/2015
- Certified Hypnotherapist
American Hypnosis Association - 818-758-2700
Certification Number: 010169
Certification Valid To: Jan 24, 2024
Certifications from the American Hypnosis Association
- Hypnosis and Smoking Cessation - 10/2015
- Hypnosis and Tinnitus - 05/2017
- Hypnosis for Test Anxiety and Success - 06/2022
- Reiki Level One - 03/2016
- Honors Graduate
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - 05/21/2016
- American Hypnosis Association
Member Since: 2016
- Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
Member Since: 2016
North Hollywood, California 91602, United States