Biography for Lisa Machenberg, CHt
I believe that hypnotherapy can unleash the power of the subconscious mind to help individuals to turn their goals into reality. I help clients access their own wisdom and determination. I specialize in issues at each stage of life: fertility, pain free labor and child birth, relationship strategies, parenting, comfort and wellness, and follow through.
- Child Birth
- Chronic Pain
- Relationship Enhancement
- Sexual Problems
I have been in private practice in Tarzana and West Los Angeles, California since 1993. The scope of my hypnotherapy practice includes, fertility, pain management, fears and phobia elimination and habit control. I also work with parents to teach them how to use hypnosis to become the moms and dads they have always wanted to be.
Since 1994, I have been an instructor at the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in Tarzana, California. My classes include: medical hypnosis, crisis intervention, hypnotic regression, defense mechanisms, and ethics and law.
I am the facilitator of the Infant and Toddler Program at Gan Malibu Preschool in Malibu, California. I have conducted continuing education seminars for the American Hypnosis Association on: Working with seniors, gourmet weight loss with hypnosis, using hypnosis to find your soul mate, fertility and hypnosis, parenting and hypnosis: the natural partnership.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Honors
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy - 818-758-2747
Date Started: 09/03/1993 - Date Graduated: 09/03/1994
Total Hours: 720 - Total Weeks: 52 - Total Years: 1
- Bachelor of Science
Lewis and Clark College - 503-768-7000
Date Started: 09/15/1977 - Date Graduated: 07/15/1981
Total Hours: 6000
- American College of Physicians 1994, Complementary Medicine, Medical Marriage, American College of Physicians 1996, Working with Seniors The Link between Childhood Stress and Adult Medical Issues, Association of Jewish Education 1998, The Relaxed Infant Teaching, "Mommy and Me".
- Harvard/UCLA, 2000, Marriage after Children, Stress and Medical Issues.
- Harvard/UCLA, 2004, Female Sexual Dysfunction.
- St. Lukes, Kansas City 2005, Treating the Overweight Family with Lifestyle Changes, Crohn's Disease in Children, Sleep Disorders 3 months through 4 years of age.
Continuing Education from the American Hypnosis Association
- Basic Emotional Freedom Technique - 09/2016
- Cancer: The Path of Diagnosis to Hypnosis - 07/2017
- First Three Hypnosis Sessions - 02/2016
- How to Give a Dynamic Hypnosis Speech - 03/2009
- Hypnosis and the Law of Attraction - 03/2013
- Hypnotherapy and Rehab: An Inside Look - 06/2018
- Imagery for Life Passages - 04/2020
- Intimate Conversations with Dr. John Kappas - 08/2013
- Love, Sex and Intimacy - 01/2017
- Low Blood Sugar - 05/2018
- Master the Arm Raising - 05/2015
- Metaphysical Imagery - 04/2020
- Certified Hypnotherapist
Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 - 818-659-8687
Certification Number: 4948041
Certification Valid To: Jun 24, 2022
Certifications from the American Hypnosis Association
- Hypnosis and Sports Performance - 05/2011
- Hypnosis and Tinnitus - 07/2017
- Past-Life Regression Therapist - 02/2016
- Smoking Cessation - 05/2009
- Honors Graduate
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - 04/27/1995
- American Hypnosis Association
Member Since: 1995
- Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
Member Since: 1995
- Parent and Teacher Association
Member Since: 2001
Instructor at HMI – Classes Taught
- 3-5 - Hypnotic Regression/Past Life
- 5-4 - Child Hypnosis
- 7-3 - Crisis Intervention
- 7-4 - Ethics in Therapy 1
- 7-5 - Ethics in Therapy 2
- 8-4 - Medical Hypnosis
Hypnosis Motivation Institute
Tarzana, California 91356, United States
Lisa R. Machenberg
Malibu, California 90265, United States