Dr. Kappas and Dr. Hodges illustrate four different examples of corrective therapy on the blackboard, then they analyze them for the group. The discussion then gets into fair fighting, areas of communication, explanation of double bind, and systems approach in family therapy. Then Dr. Kappas and the group interview a couple with a lot of the issues that have just been discussed. (Continued next lesson.)
Essay Question: Discuss the use of the systems approach in therapy.
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Hodges illustrates corrective therapy on the blackboard and Dr. Kappas analyzes the sample.
Start: 00:00:58 | End: 00:10:50 | Duration: 00:09:52
- Chapter 2 - Another illustration of corrective therapy with a Physical female. Then Dr. Kappas and Dr. Hodges analyze this sample.
Start: 00:10:50 | End: 00:20:32 | Duration: 00:09:42
- Chapter 3 - Another illustrated example of corrective therapy with a Physical, and more discussion.
Start: 00:20:32 | End: 00:35:10 | Duration: 00:14:42
- Chapter 4 - Another illustrated example of corrective therapy with an Emotional male and a following discussion.
Start: 00:35:10 | End: 00:43:10 | Duration: 00:08:00
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas and Dr. Hodges give the group a list of many good reference books. Then Dr. Kappas slams Dr. Erickson and double binding avoidance in therapy.
Start: 00:43:10 | End: 01:00:41 | Duration: 00:17:31
- Chapter 6 - (Essay Question Info) The systems approach to therapy and how systems control behavior in family groups.
Start: 01:00:41 | End: 01:15:47 | Duration: 00:15:06
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Kappas tells a case history of a very wealthy, and dysfunctional family system due to a very disruptive son.
Start: 01:15:47 | End: 01:31:30 | Duration: 00:15:43
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas discuses the HMI approach to relationship counseling and the related Emotional and Physical education required.
Start: 01:31:30 | End: 01:36:30 | Duration: 00:05:00
- Chapter 9 - Dr. Kappas and the group interview a couple who have communication problems.
Start: 01:36:30 | End: 01:43:55 | Duration: 00:07:25
- Chapter 10 - Dr. Hodges gives some history and his views. Then Dr. Kappas describes the related systems aspects in this case. (Continued next lesson.)
Start: 01:43:55 | End: 01:58:49 | Duration: 00:14:54
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 19 of 86, Subconscious Communication, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.