This lesson contains a lot of information. First Dr. Kappas and the group interview the male client from the last lesson about his sexual problems and psychosis with hearing voices, drug use, and other issues. Then the discussion gets into how drugs affect suggestibility and relationships, Physical and Emotional sexual differences, changing suggestibility and somnambulism, right and left brain function, common denominators, scale of imagination, pain control including the squeeze technique for migraines, weight therapy and modifying eating behavior and defense mechanisms. (Continued next lesson.)
Essay Question: Describe how the left brain and the right brain work differently from one another.
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas, and the group, interview the male client from the last lesson about hearing voices, and unwanted homosexual feelings.
Start: 00:00:46 | End: 00:11:00 | Duration: 00:10:14
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas focuses the group on specific issues about his nervous breakdown, homosexual tendencies, drug use, and other problems.
Start: 00:11:00 | End: 00:15:14 | Duration: 00:04:14
- Chapter 3 - After the client has left, Dr. Kappas gives the group a lot of information about asking questions that will get to the root of a problem. He tells the group to focus on the here and now, and how the therapy should begin. He explains that this man is not a true homosexual, and indications of what true homosexuality are. He talks about the hallucinations that the client has had, and removing the voices that he hears. Then the effects of marijuana on human behavior.
Start: 00:15:14 | End: 00:39:01 | Duration: 00:23:47
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas tells the group a case history of a gay female heroin addict who is in a destructive, one up/one down relationship system with her lover.
Start: 00:39:01 | End: 00:44:45 | Duration: 00:05:43
- Chapter 5 - (Essay Question Info) Manipulating suggestibility, how and why to do this in hypnosis, and how the left brain and the right brain work differently from one another.
Start: 00:44:45 | End: 00:51:00 | Duration: 00:06:15
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas discusses the common denominator approach, the scale of imagination, and how to achieve somnambulism, illustrated on the blackboard. Then why an arm raising induction/conversion works so well.
Start: 00:51:00 | End: 01:04:20 | Duration: 00:13:20
- Chapter 7 - This chapter contains fascinating demonstrations of pain control. In self hypnosis, Dr. Kappas pushes a needle through his cheek with no pain, then he demonstrates a very fast method of relieving a migraine. Then a discussion about cancer pain control.
Start: 01:04:20 | End: 01:18:10 | Duration: 00:13:50
- Chapter 8 - Then the discussion gets into weight control and modifying eating habits.
Start: 01:18:10 | End: 01:34:14 | Duration: 00:16:04
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 21 of 86, Hypnotherapy Session to Remember, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.