This lesson begins with the continuation of the hypnotherapy session from the last lesson. This involves arm rigidity, and other deepening techniques, circle therapy and image building. Then relationship counseling and therapy with a married couple. The wife is 82% Physical sexual - 58% Physical suggestible with 16 symptoms of hypoglycemia. The husband is 80% Emotional sexual - 69% Physical suggestible. They work together. She's a singer and he's her business manager. She had a nervous breakdown three years ago and he brought her into therapy to improve the quality of her voice, their act, and their lives.
Essay Question: Describe how a client's presenting problem can sometimes be a symptom rather than a cause.
- Chapter 1 - Continuation of the hypnosis from the last lesson, as Dr. Kappas is deepening the client in the recliner.
Start: 00:00:52 | End: 00:05:20 | Duration: 00:04:28
- Chapter 2 - Continuation of hypnotherapy in the recliner with circle therapy and image building.
Start: 00:05:20 | End: 00:14:00 | Duration: 00:08:40
- Chapter 3 - Continuing with arm rigidity and other deepening techniques, then counting her awake.
Start: 00:14:00 | End: 00:18:10 | Duration: 00:04:10
- Chapter 4 - Post-hypnosis discussion with the client, then with the group after she has left.
Start: 00:18:10 | End: 00:29:00 | Duration: 00:10:50
- Chapter 5 - (Essay Question Info) An interview with a hypnotherapist, Sharon, about the next clients coming in, a married couple who also work together.
Start: 00:29:00 | End: 00:46:44 | Duration: 00:17:44
- Chapter 6 - The married couple, Brenda and Rodney, come in and begin relationship counseling with Dr. Kappas and Sharon.
Start: 00:46:44 | End: 00:54:25 | Duration: 00:07:41
- Chapter 7 - After explaining the systems approach and relationship counseling, Dr. Kappas begins interviewing the couple.
Start: 00:54:25 | End: 01:10:55 | Duration: 00:16:30
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas and Sharon start going over the two lists that Rodney and Brenda have made about compromises in their individual behavior with each other.
Start: 01:10:55 | End: 01:22:00 | Duration: 00:11:05
- Chapter 9 - Brenda expresses anger that she still feels, about an incident of Rodney's infidelity in the past. Then they continue with the lists.
Start: 01:22:00 | End: 01:27:15 | Duration: 00:05:15
- Chapter 10 - Dr. Kappas asks each of them to agree to change one thing about their own behavior, for each other. This is classic HMI relationship counseling.
Start: 01:27:15 | End: 01:35:47 | Duration: 00:08:32
- Chapter 11 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas addresses Brenda's voice problems, and related stress.
Start: 01:35:47 | End: 01:53:12 | Duration: 00:17:25
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 30 of 86, Can Hypnosis Help Me?, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.