Dr. Kappas and the group interview Joyce, 40 years, 80% Emotional sexual - 79% Emotional suggestible. She is agoraphobic and has anxiety over being alone. Then another female client, 40 years, 65% Physical sexual - 76% Emotional suggestible, with a fear of work-related situations and courtrooms. Then a brief discussion about the difference between a phobia and anticipatory anxiety.
Essay Question: What is the difference between a phobia and anticipatory anxiety.
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas, and the group, interview a female client, Joyce. She suffers from agoraphobia, and extreme fear of being alone.
Start: 00:01:08 | End: 00:13:15 | Duration: 00:12:07
- Chapter 2 - After the client leaves the room, Dr. Kappas and the group discuss her case and how to approach her therapy.
Start: 00:13:15 | End: 00:21:00 | Duration: 00:07:45
- Chapter 3 - Joyce returns and Dr. Kappas explains her condition, agoraphobia, to her. Then he tests her suggestibility and does an arm raising induction/conversion.
Start: 00:21:00 | End: 00:42:30 | Duration: 00:21:30
- Chapter 4 - Into the recliner for her progressive relaxation then circle therapy to control her anxiety and agoraphobia.
Start: 00:42:30 | End: 00:54:50 | Duration: 00:22:20
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas, Dr. Hodges and the group interview the next female client, who has a fear of work related situations.
Start: 00:54:50 | End: 01:06:05 | Duration: 00:11:15
- Chapter 6 - (Essay Question Info) After the client has left the room, Dr. Kappas and the group discuss her case.
Start: 01:06:05 | End: 01:15:44 | Duration: 00:09:39
- Chapter 7 - The client returns for an explanation about her anticipatory anxiety. Then Dr. Kappas tests her suggestibility and does an arm raising induction/conversion.
Start: 01:15:44 | End: 01:25:00 | Duration: 00:09:16
- Chapter 8 - Into the recliner for her progressive relaxation including an arm rigidity, and other deepening techniques. Then circle therapy to put her in control of her fears.
Start: 01:25:00 | End: 01:42:00 | Duration: 00:17:00
- Chapter 9 - After the client has left the room, Dr. Kappas and the group discuss her problems and treatment for fears and agoraphobia.
Start: 01:42:00 | End: 01:47:15 | Duration: 00:05:15
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 44 of 86, Hypnosis for Phobias, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.