There is a lot of information in this lesson. Corrective therapy, progressive relaxation and deepening techniques, with students practicing on each other. Demonstrations of hand clasp induction, and secondary inductions. A comparison between psychotherapeutic approaches vs. hypnotherapeutic approaches. Then learning induction patterns, incomplete arm raising inductions, dealing with subjects who "feel" they are or were not hypnotized, and weight loss therapy.
Essay Question: Describe the hand clasp induction.
- Chapter 1 - Corrective Therapy, demonstrated on the blackboard and discussed with the group.
Start: 00:00:58 | End: 00:24:05 | Duration: 00:23:07
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas demonstrates progressive relaxation, using a few different methods, then the related discussion.
Start: 00:24:05 | End: 00:43:40 | Duration: 00:19:35
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas has two members of the group practice a progressive relaxation and a finger spreading exercise of a post hypnotic suggestion to re-hypnotize. (The camera is on a close-up of the subjects’ faces.)
Start: 00:43:40 | End: 00:50:56 | Duration: 00:07:16
- Chapter 4 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas demonstrates a hand clasp induction. Then he has a member of the group practice it with the same subject.
Start: 00:50:56 | End: 00:57:30 | Duration: 00:06:34
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas discusses the hand clasp, and other secondary inductions.
Start: 00:57:30 | End: 01:02:20 | Duration: 00:05:50
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas discusses how and why hypnotherapy works, where psychotherapy doesn't work, in solving clients’ problems.
Start: 01:02:20 | End: 01:14:24 | Duration: 00:12:04
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Kappas tells a few stories about how and why hypnotherapy works. (These stories are very funny.) Then information on how to deal with skeptical clients, who don’t believe that they are, or were, hypnotized.
Start: 01:14:24 | End: 01:24:00 | Duration: 00:09:36
- Chapter 8 - A discussion about hypnotherapy, and how to use it with weight control. Then why audio tapes don’t work in affecting the subconscious, and changing behavior.
Start: 01:24:00 | End: 01:47:05 | Duration: 00:23:05
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 5 of 86, Hypnotic Relaxation, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.