This lesson begins with Dr. Kappas and the group interviewing a male Emotional sexual - Emotional suggestible, with a fear of flying. The following discussion reveals that this is actually a phobia resulting from hypoglycemia. This has now become anticipatory anxiety. After the hypnotherapy session Dr. Kappas discusses the basics of hypnotherapy.
Essay Question: Describe some suggestions that would help rid a client of the fear of flying.
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas, and the group, interview a male client with a fear of flying (phobia) He is an Emotional sexual and suggestible.
Start: 00:00:55 | End: 00:23:26 | Duration: 00:22:31
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas and the group discuss this case without the client in the room.
Start: 00:23:26 | End: 00:27:50 | Duration: 00:04:24
- Chapter 3 - The discussion moves to whether this is a fear or a phobia, and why, and his resulting anticipatory anxiety.
Start: 00:27:50 | End: 00:38:50 | Duration: 00:11:00
- Chapter 4 - (Essay Question Info) The discussion moves into what should be done with this client in hypnotherapy, and how his treatment should then proceed.
Start: 00:38:50 | End: 00:51:10 | Duration: 00:12:40
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas describes hypoglycemia and anticipatory anxiety to the client. Then what his treatment goals and direction will be.
Start: 00:51:10 | End: 00:55:22 | Duration: 00:04:12
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas tests the client's suggestibility, then does an arm raising induction and conversion to hypnosis.
Start: 00:55:22 | End: 01:02:57 | Duration: 00:07:35
- Chapter 7 - Into the recliner for a progressive relaxation and an arm rigidity deepening technique. Then down twenty steps to further deepen the client.
Start: 01:02:57 | End: 01:11:50 | Duration: 00:08:53
- Chapter 8 - (Essay Question Info) Circle therapy, to take the client through experiencing his fear of flying, and to desensitize him to it.
Start: 01:11:50 | End: 01:25:50 | Duration: 00:14:00
- Chapter 9 - After awakening, Dr Kappas tells the client how his therapy has worked, and what he should expect when he next flies. Then a group discussion about this case.
Start: 01:25:50 | End: 01:40:00 | Duration: 00:14:10
- Chapter 10 - More about how his therapy will go, then a discussion about the basics of hypnotherapy.
Start: 01:40:00 | End: 01:52:13 | Duration: 00:12:13
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 59 of 86, Hypnosis for Fear of Flying, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.