Dr. Kappas talks briefly about aversion therapy and the damage that it can do. Then weight control, consisting of case histories involving the systems approach, finding cause, secondary gain, body syndromes, and other causes and treatment methods. Then methods to stop smoking, and a case history about smoking and alcoholism. Then environmental effects on emotions.
Essay Question: Describe what you learned about weight gain and its causes.
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas discusses aversion therapy and its drawbacks. Then positive approaches to weight control and the importance of keeping a ledger.
Start: 00:01:06 | End: 00:12:36 | Duration: 00:11:30
- Chapter 2 - A discussion about a particular weight control case history, and how the systems approach was used here.
Start: 00:12:36 | End: 00:29:00 | Duration: 00:16:24
- Chapter 3 - Another case history about weight loss, and the emotional control often involved in successful weight control.
Start: 00:29:00 | End: 00:45:45 | Duration: 00:16:45
- Chapter 4 - A weight control case history involving secondary gain, other reasons for being overweight, and more about the systems effect on human behavior.
Start: 00:45:45 | End: 00:59:38 | Duration: 00:13:37
- Chapter 5 - Continuation of weight control discussion and how body syndromes apply.
Start: 00:59:38 | End: 01:10:10 | Duration: 00:10:32
- Chapter 6 - Methods of helping people to stop smoking, and the two primary causes for people to start smoking, called Identification and Replacement.
Start: 01:10:10 | End: 01:28:10 | Duration: 00:10:32
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Kappas discusses two case histories about smoking and alcoholism.
Start: 01:28:10 | End: 01:33:12 | Duration: 00:05:12
- Chapter 8 - Environment and how it can affect people’s emotions. For example California weather as compared to Washington State weather. (Continued next lesson.)
Start: 01:33:12 | End: 01:38:26 | Duration: 00:05:14
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 6 of 86, Hypnosis to Stop Smoking, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.