This lesson begins with the client from the last lesson who has an eating disorder. In hypnosis Dr. Kappas uses circle therapy to treat her. The next client is a female 63% Physical sexual, 52% Physical suggestible. She complains of insomnia and is agoraphobic. In hypnosis Dr. Kappas uses both arm rigidity deepening technique and finger spreading exercise of a post-hypnotic suggestion. Then a discussion about somnambulism and a few good stories.
Essay Question: In therapy, why should eating disorders be approached from the "back door" instead of directly in the early sessions?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas tests the client from the last lesson, who has an eating disorder, to determine her suggestibility. Then he does an arm raiding induction/conversion.
Start: 00:00:59 | End: 00:11:50 | Duration: 00:10:51
- Chapter 2 - Into the recliner for her progressive relaxation.
Start: 00:11:50 | End: 00:16:30 | Duration: 00:04:40
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas uses circle therapy and other techniques to treat her problems, then he awakens her.
Start: 00:16:30 | End: 00:26:40 | Duration: 00:10:10
- Chapter 4 - (Essay Question Info) After the client has left, Dr. Kappas explains to the group what he did in therapy and how it should proceed. Then he introduces the next client.
Start: 00:26:40 | End: 00:38:09 | Duration: 00:11:29
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas explains to the next female client what he wants to achieve in her therapy. Then he tests her suggestibility and does an arm raising induction and conversion to hypnosis.
Start: 00:38:09 | End: 00:49:12 | Duration: 00:11:03
- Chapter 6 - Into the recliner for her progressive relaxation.
Start: 00:49:12 | End: 00:54:15 | Duration: 00:05:03
- Chapter 7 - An arm rigidity deepening technique, then circle therapy to desensitize her to her fears, agoraphobia, and other problems.
Start: 00:54:15 | End: 01:02:20 | Duration: 00:08:05
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas uses a finger spreading secondary induction to exercise the post-hypnotic suggestion to re-hypnosis.
Start: 01:02:20 | End: 01:05:44 | Duration: 00:03:24
- Chapter 9 - After the client has left, Dr. Kappas discusses her case. This includes information about agoraphobia and treating phobias.
Start: 01:05:44 | End: 01:18:50 | Duration: 00:13:06
- Chapter 10 - The discussion moves into somnambulism, then a few very good stories told by Dr. Kappas.
Start: 01:18:50 | End: 01:37:41 | Duration: 00:18:51
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 61 of 86, Hypnosis and Insomnia, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.