This lesson is about improving athletic performance with hypnotherapy. The client is an Olympic caliber female ice skater, Debby, 17 years, Emotional sexual. The treatment is hypnodrama. Also covered in this lesson is confidence building, and working with athletes, and coaches, in other sports like boxing and weight lifting.
Essay Question: How could you enhance sports performance?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Hodges tells the group about Debby, an Olympic class ice skater coming in for hypnotherapy to improve her athletic performance.
Start: 00:00:57 | End: 00:01:37 | Duration: 00:00:40
- Chapter 2 - The group interviews Debby about her need for confidence, enthusiasm and focus in her performances.
Start: 00:51:37 | End: 00:16:24 | Duration: 00:14:47
- Chapter 3 - The group discusses her case after she has left the room.
Start: 00:16:24 | End: 00:24:24 | Duration: 00:08:00
- Chapter 4 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas tells the group how he feels that her therapy should concentrate a lot on confidence building.
Start: 00:24:24 | End: 00:40:41 | Duration: 00:16:17
- Chapter 5 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas tells the group about a few techniques for training athletes' emotional conditions.
Start: 00:40:41 | End: 00:46:01 | Duration: 00:05:20
- Chapter 6 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Hodges tells the client what to expect in therapy, then he does a progressive relaxation and hypnodrama, which takes her through her routine mentally, with her doing it perfectly.
Start: 00:46:01 | End: 00:56:57 | Duration: 00:10:56
- Chapter 7 - (Essay Question Info) The group discusses Debby's case after she has left the room.
Start: 00:56:57 | End: 01:03:00 | Duration: 00:06:03
- Chapter 8 - (Essay Question Info) The discussion moves into treating professional athletes in many sports and other different kinds of performers as well.
Start: 01:03:00 | End: 01:09:20 | Duration: 00:06:20
- Chapter 9 - Dr. Kappas describes how to tailor suggestions to a person's particular suggestibility, Physical vs. Emotional.
Start: 01:09:20 | End: 01:18:20 | Duration: 00:09:00
- Chapter 10 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas tells a case history about a boxer that he treated and managed, then more about sports improvement by using hypnodrama and positive re-enforcement.
Start: 01:18:20 | End: 01:29:20 | Duration: 00:11:00
- Chapter 11 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas talks about how to work with boxers, weight lifters, and coaches, in hypnotherapy.
Start: 01:29:20 | End: 01:35:35 | Duration: 00:06:55
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 68 of 86, Hypnosis for Sports Performance, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.