This lesson involves a female client, Emotional sexual - Emotional suggestible, alcoholic, who bites her nails and pulls out her hair. The interview, discussions, and therapy, get into marriage issues and sex, drug use, venting dreams, hypoglycemia, obsessive-compulsive behavior, body syndromes, hysterical conversion, and sleep deprivation. In hypnotherapy, a slow arm raising, deepening techniques, confidence building and circle therapy.
Essay Question: How did body syndromes indicate the cause of this client's problems?
- Chapter 1 - A group interview with a female, Emotional sexual - Emotional suggestible, alcoholic, who bites her nails and pulls out her hair.
Start: 00:00:54 | End: 00:15:00 | Duration: 00:14:06
- Chapter 2 - The interview gets into her two marriages, her sex life, and her venting dreams.
Start: 00:15:00 | End: 00:22:53 | Duration: 00:07:53
- Chapter 3 - After the client has left the room, a group discussion about her hypoglycemia, her marriages and divorces, and her obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Start: 00:22:53 | End: 00:32:40 | Duration: 00:09:47
- Chapter 4 - (Essay Question Info) Her venting dreams and attempts to get better. Her body syndrome connections and hysterical conversion.
Start: 00:32:40 | End: 00:40:18 | Duration: 00:07:38
- Chapter 5 - Information about sleep deprivation effects, and how Dr. Kappas would proceed with this client.
Start: 00:40:18 | End: 00:50:20 | Duration: 00:10:02
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas tells the client about her problems and what needs to be done.
Start: 00:50:20 | End: 00:56:50 | Duration: 00:06:30
- Chapter 7 - He then explains suggestibility to her, and how he will use it in her hypnotherapy.
Start: 00:56:50 | End: 01:02:20 | Duration: 00:05:30
- Chapter 8 - He then tests her suggestibility followed by a very slow arm raising with a lot of resistance. During this he also further deepens her by providing resistance with his finger on the back of her head. Finally her arm comes up.
Start: 01:02:20 | End: 01:16:37 | Duration: 00:14:17
- Chapter 9 - Into the recliner for a progressive relaxation. Then venting dream therapy, confidence building, and circle therapy.
Start: 01:16:37 | End: 01:29:52 | Duration: 00:13:15
- Chapter 10 - A post-hypnosis discussion about the meanings of no ego sensation, abreactions, and good information about arm raising's.
Start: 01:29:52 | End: 01:41:25 | Duration: 00:11:33
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 72 of 86, Hypnosis and Nail Biting, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.