The client in this lesson is a female, 89% Physical sexual - 70% Physical suggestible, with a fear of water. This lesson also deals with hypoglycemia, phobias, circle therapy, double binding, and the law of reverse action.
Essay Question: What suggestions could you give a client with an irrational fear of water?
- Chapter 1 - A group interview with a female client, 89% Physical sexual - 70% Physical suggestible, with a fear of water, that began in childhood. She tells how it began and specifically, about her physical reactions to her fear.
Start: 00:01:00 | End: 00:15:00 | Duration: 00:14:00
- Chapter 2 - A group discussion, after she has left, about her fear of water and associated things.
Start: 00:15:00 | End: 00:27:00 | Duration: 00:12:00
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas focuses the group questions on her stress, relationship issues, and the dynamics of her fear.
Start: 00:27:00 | End: 00:37:37 | Duration: 00:10:37
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas describes what needs to be done in today's therapy, He tells the group how her hypoglycemia has prolonged her stress and fear, and how it affects her thinking.
Start: 00:37:37 | End: 00:46:29 | Duration: 00:08:52
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas tells the group about the three parts to her problem, and how hypoglycemia added a phobia to her fear from childhood. Then he explains suggestibility.
Start: 00:46:29 | End: 00:52:30 | Duration: 00:06:01
- Chapter 6 - He then tests her suggestibility and does a medium speed arm raising, with some resistance at first.
Start: 00:52:30 | End: 01:04:47 | Duration: 00:12:17
- Chapter 7 - (Essay Question Info) Into the recliner for a progressive relaxation. Then circle therapy to desensitize her to her fear reaction. He then double binds her locking in his suggestions through the Law of Reverse Action.
Start: 01:04:47 | End: 01:21:14 | Duration: 00:16:27
- Chapter 8 - A post-hypnosis group discussion. She went very deep and Dr. Kappas describes what he did, and why.
Start: 01:21:14 | End: 01:26:36 | Duration: 00:05:22
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 73 of 86, Hypnosis and Fear of Water, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.