The client in this lesson is a male, 36 years, 61% Physical sexual - Suggestibility is near somnambulism. He lacks confidence and self esteem, and suffers from contradictory square. The discussions and therapy also covers anger, frustration, marital problems, losing syndrome, fear of success, stuttering, hysterical conversion, improving unconscious script, arm rigidity deepening, and a finger spreading secondary induction.
Essay Question: Describe the contradictory square, in terms of this client's problem.
- Chapter 1 - A group interview with a male client who lacks self confidence. He answers questions about his history.
Start: 00:01:02 | End: 00:09:45 | Duration: 00:08:43
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas focuses on his relationship with his wife and sex life, and his brother's questionable death.
Start: 00:09:45 | End: 00:17:25 | Duration: 00:07:40
- Chapter 3 - More about his upbringing in a Jewish family and feelings of anger and frustration.
Start: 00:17:25 | End: 00:30:25 | Duration: 00:13:00
- Chapter 4 - More about his fear of failure, frustration, marital problems, and earlier life experiences.
Start: 00:30:25 | End: 00:43:33 | Duration: 00:13:08
- Chapter 5 - (Essay Question Info) A group discussion, after he has left, about losing syndrome, fear of success, and contradictory square, which Dr. Kappas describes to the group.
Start: 00:43:33 | End: 01:00:48 | Duration: 00:16:15
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas talks about this client and stuttering, hysterical conversion, and contradictory square. Then more group input.
Start: 01:00:48 | End: 01:16:00 | Duration: 00:15:12
- Chapter 7 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas gets into a treatment plan and how to begin therapy with this man. He wants to create a paradox by attacking the thing that he most fears to change, his unconscious script.
Starts 01:16:00 | End: 01:24:11 | Duration: 00:08:11
- Chapter 8 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas explains contradictory square to the client, and explains the related therapeutic purpose. Then he tests his suggestibility and does a medium fast arm raising induction and conversion to hypnosis.
Start: 01:24:11 | End: 01:35:24 | Duration: 00:01:13
- Chapter 9 - Into the recliner for his progressive relaxation and an arm rigidity deepening technique. Then therapy to suggest that his subconscious script will change to a successful one, and to desensitize his frustration. Then awakening and a finger spreading re-induction to exercise the post-hypnotic suggestion to re-hypnosis.
Start: 01:35:24 | End: 01:49:53 | Duration: 00:14:29
- Chapter 10 - Then a post-hypnosis group discussion. The arm raising had to get him deep enough to activate his involuntary systems, to effect the necessary changes to relieve his frustration.
Start: 01:49:53 | End: 01:55:18 | Duration: 00:05:25
- Chapter 11 - The client answers some questions about his experiences in hypnosis.
Start: 01:55:18 | End: 01:57:10 | Duration: 00:01:52
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 74 of 86, Hypnosis and Confidence, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.