This lesson is with a male client, 30's - Emotional sexual - somnambulist (shows Emotional suggestibility because of fear of loss of control). He passes out when thinking about or confronting needles. He is agoraphobic with a fear of dying which is really his main problem.
Essay Question: What could indicate that a client has a fear of death?
- Chapter 1 - A group interview with a male client who has a fear of needles and injections.
Start: 00:01:07 | End: 00:13:46 | Duration: 00:12:29
- Chapter 2 - The questioning moves into his past experiences with serious illnesses in his family's past, and fear of loss of control.
Start: 00:13:46 | End: 00:19:48 | Duration: 00:06:02
- Chapter 3 - A group discussion after the client has left. The diagnosis is agoraphobia, fear of loss of control and dying. (Essay question).
Start: 00:19:48 | End: 00:26:38 | Duration: 00:06:50
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas explains to the client what suggestibility is and tells him about his phobia, then he tests his suggestibility.
Start: 00:26:38 | End: 00:34:06 | Duration: 00:06:28
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas attempts an arm raising, but the client has no ego sensation at all. Even though the arm doesn't come up, all of the techniques that Dr. Kappas uses still creates a lot of overload and gets this man quite deep. (It's all about overload).
Start: 00:34:06 | End: 00:45:09 | Duration: 00:11:03
- Chapter 6 - Into the recliner for a progressive relaxation then a good circle therapy to desensitize him to his fear of needles. Dr. Kappas then shows him a searing, while still in hypnosis, to test the affect of the desensitization.
Start: 00:45:09 | End: 01:00:40 | Duration: 00:15:31
- Chapter 7 - (Essay Question Info) A post-hypnosis group discussion while the client is in another room. There a dentist uses a searing to test the post-hypnotic suggestion to reaction. The discussion continues about somnambulism and phobias. An important question to ask is, "Did you ever wake up and couldn't move or talk?" His phobia is really fear of death, not needles.
Start: 01:00:40 | End: 01:12:30 | Duration: 00:11:50
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas describes how to work with this man. Circle therapy for his fear of needles. Then explain his phobia to him. Then Dr. Kappas talks more about the client's behavior in the other room with the dentist.
Start: 01:12:30 | End: 01:20:00 | Duration: 00:07:30
- Chapter 9 - More about overcoming this client's resistance and getting depth with his arm raising.
Start: 01:20:00 | End: | Duration:
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 75 of 86, Hypnosis for Fear of Loss of Control, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.