The history, legalities and struggle to make hypnotherapy a professional and therapeutic practice. Dream analysis and therapy, venting dreams, agoraphobia, and a group discussion about dreams. Then Dr. Hodges plays the part of a rejected male Physical being interviewed by the group and Dr. Kappas. A lot of information is revealed about Physical and Emotional behavior patterns, and how to cut to the chase in an interview.
Essay Question: What can be learned from the symbology of dreams?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas tells the group about the history of hypnosis and hypnotherapy, and the struggle to make it a professional practice.
Start: 00:00:54| End: 00:11:15 | Duration: 00:10:21
- Chapter 2 - The discussion moves into the law and education both in the practices of psychology and hypnotherapy.
Start: 00:11:15 | End: 00:24:00 | Duration: 00:22:45
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas discusses dream therapy and how dreams can create agoraphobia. Then, how to treat this in hypnotherapy.
Start: 00:24:00 | End: 00:36:25 | Duration: 00:12:25
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas discusses, with the group, venting dreams. When they happen and how they work to expel negative mental baggage.
Start: 00:36:25 | End: 00:44:04 | Duration: 00:07:39
- Chapter 5 - A few of the group members relate their dreams to the group. Then Dr. Kappas and the group analyze them.
Start: 00:44:04 | End: 00:56:25 | Duration: 00:12:21
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas describes to the group, the methods of conducting dream therapy.
Start: 00:56:25 | End: 00:59:42 | Duration: 00:03:17
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Hodges presents the case of a Physical sexual and suggestible male. Then he plays the part of this man as the group interviews him.
Start: 00:59:42 | End: 01:08:00 | Duration: 00:08:18
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Hodges continues to play the part of this Physical male who can’t get his girlfriend to really commit to him in their relationship.
Start: 01:08:00 | End: 01:21:20 | Duration: 00:13:20
- Chapter 9 - Dr. Kappas focuses the interview in on this Physical male’s thoughts and behavior.
Start: 01:21:20 | End: 01:26:30 | Duration: 00:05:10
- Chapter 10 - Dr. Kappas moves the interview into both this man and his girlfriend’s behavior.
Start: 01:26:30 | End: 01:33:53 | Duration: 00:07:23
- Chapter 11 - Dr. Kappas takes over the questioning of the man that Ron is portraying, explaining Physical and Emotional behavior.
Start: 01:33:53 | End: 01:40:35 | Duration: 00:06:42
- Chapter 12 - Dr. Kappas and the group discuss the therapeutic approach that should be taken with this man. (Continued next lesson.)
Start: 01:40:35 | End: 01:58:57 | Duration: 00:18:22
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 8 of 86, Hypnosis and Dreams, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.