Relationship counseling is the subject of this lesson. Rodney is 42 years, Emotional sexual - Physical suggestible. Judy is 39 years, Physical sexual and suggestible. Judy has suppressed anger, depression and hypoglycemia. Rodney is very frustrated in the marriage. There is good information about the systems approach to therapy in this lesson.
Essay Question: What are the underlying reasons for this client's anger toward her husband?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas instructs the group on how to interview the couple coming in with marital problems.
Start: 00:00:23 | End: 00:07:36 | Duration: 00:07:13
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas and the group interview the couple about their problems and the anger that Judy has against Rodney.
Start: 00:07:36 | End: 00:21:07 | Duration: 00:13:31
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas asks about their relationship with their children, her depression and hypoglycemia.
Start: 00:21:07 | End: 00:27:20 | Duration: 00:06:13
- Chapter 4 - Questions about their relationship before they had children, and then after.
Start: 00:27:20 | End: 00:32:20 | Duration: 00:05:00
- Chapter 5 - Dr. Kappas asks Rodney how he feels about Judy's depression, anger and behavior. He also gets into their sex life and more about her expressions of anger towards him, and why.
Start: 00:32:20 | End: 00:44:12 | Duration: 00:11:52
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas and the group ask more questions about the children's effect on their relationship, and Judy's anger about having to work.
Start: 00:44:12 | End: 00:52:00 | Duration: 00:07:48
- Chapter 7 - Questions about whether they want to stay married or not. Then more about their kids and normal teenage problems. The questions then get into Rodney's and Judy's relationships with their parents, when they were young.
Start: 00:52:00 | End: 01:03:16 | Duration: 00:11:16
- Chapter 8 - (Essay Question Info) After the couple leaves, Dr. Kappas, and the group, discuss why Judy's resentment is so powerful, and why Rodney is so frustrated by this.
Start: 01:03:16 | End: 01:20:00 | Duration: 00:16:44
- Chapter 9 - (Essay Question Info) More about hypoglycemia, and its effect on her stress levels. Then Dr. Kappas describes how their therapy should proceed with the whole family present using the Family Systems approach.
Start: 01:20:00 | End: 01:44:19 | Duration: 00:24:19
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 80 of 86, Hypnotherapy and Relationship Counseling, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.