This lesson begins with the continuation of the relationship counseling case discussion, from the last lesson. The systems approach and the defining of their family system, is the treatment for this couple. The second client is a female, 62% Emotional suggestible and High Emotional sexual. Her problems are: bulimia/anorexia; hypoglycemia because of purging; temper control; depression and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Essay Question: What should the treatment be for this bulimic client?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas is discussing the clients from the last lesson with the group. He's talking about relationship counseling with the systems approach to therapy.
Start: 00:00:29 | End: 00:11:50 | Duration: 00:11:21
- Chapter 2 - The discussion gets into the children's effect on a family system when they reach their teens. Then how relationship counseling should begin to alter this family system.
Start: 00:11:50 | End: 00:23:17 | Duration: 00:11:27
- Chapter 3 - The hypnotherapist for the bulimic female client, coming in, tells the group about her case, and therapy so far. She's, 62% Emotional suggestible, and high Emotional sexual. After his description Dr. Kappas gives his advice.
Start: 00:23:17 | End: 00:29:45 | Duration: 00:06:12
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas, and the group, interview this bulimic female who has binged and purged for the past ten years, and the effects that this has had on her past relationships. Dr. Kappas describes her problems to the group.
Start: 00:29:45 | End: 00:54:45 | Duration: 00:25:00
- Chapter 5 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas describes her obsessive-compulsive behavior, time distortion, and how to communicate with this woman in therapy.
Start: 00:54:45 | End: 01:06:04 | Duration: 00:11:19
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas and the group explain her Emotional sexual behavior to her, and how it's related to her bulimia, and her obsessive-compulsive behavior. Then Dr. Kappas explains to her the treatment plan for her problems.
Start: 01:06:04 | End: 01:13:10 | Duration: 00:07:06
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Kappas tests her suggestibility and does a fast arm raising induction and conversion, to hypnosis.
Start: 01:13:10 | End: 01:19:53 | Duration: 00:06:43
- Chapter 8 - (Essay Question Info) Into the recliner for her progressive relaxation and an arm rigidity deepening technique. Then circle therapy, to desensitize her compulsion, and dream therapy, and double binding her.
Start: 01:19:53 | End: 01:41:33 | Duration: 00:21:40
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 81 of 86, Treating Bulimia with Hypnotherapy, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.