The client in this lesson is Jerry, a female, 45 years, 92% Physical sexual and high Physical suggestible. She is heartbroken from the breakup of a relationship and under a psychiatrist's care. In this lesson are good discussions about Physical and Emotional behavior, relationship strategies, and a funny case history. In therapy deepening techniques, and excellent circle therapy.
Essay Question: How would you deal with the depression caused by this client's relationship breakdown?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Hodges reads the biography of Jerry, a female client, 45 years, 92% Physical sexual and a high Physical suggestible. She is suffering from rejection.
Start: 00:00:54 | End: 00:03:11 | Duration: 00:02:17
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas and the group interview Jerry who is heartbroken over a lost relationship.
Start: 00:03:11 | End: 00:09:12 | Duration: 00:06:01
- Chapter 3 - Dr. Kappas asks her questions about her divorce from an earlier marriage, and more about her past.
Start: 00:09:12 | End: 00:22:30 | Duration: 00:13:18
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas asks her in-depth questions about her last relationship.
Start: 00:22:30 | End: 00:38:19 | Duration: 00:15:49
- Chapter 5 - A group discussion, after Jerry has left the room, about her relationships and her Physical and Emotional behavior.
Start: 00:38:19 | End: 00:52:15 | Duration: 00:13:56
- Chapter 6 - (Essay Question Info) Dr. Kappas describes the therapeutic approach to take with Jerry.
Start: 00:52:15 | End: 01:00:42 | Duration: 00:08:27
- Chapter 7 - More discussion about how to treat her in therapy and to explain Physical and Emotional behavior to her. Then more about basic relationship strategies between Physical and Emotional sexual people, and how Physical sexuals react to rejection.
Start: 01:00:42 | End: 01:17:00 | Duration: 00:16:18
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas tells a funny case history about a cheating Emotional sexual male who tells ridiculous lies.
Start: 01:17:00 | End: 01:21:50 | Duration: 00:04:50
- Chapter 9 - Dr. Kappas explains to Jerry how her Physical sexuality affects her relationships, and how he wants to get her past her denial mechanism.
Start: 01:21:50 | End: 01:30:18 | Duration: 00:08:28
- Chapter 10 - Dr. Kappas tests her suggestibility and does an arm raising so fast that he has to provide a lot of resistance to adequately overload her.
Start: 01:30:18 | End: 01:40:00 | Duration: 00:09:42
- Chapter 11 - Into the recliner for a progressive relaxation, an arm rigidity, and other deepening techniques. Then great circle therapy to get Jerry past denial and into anger.
Start: 01:40:00 | End: 01:58:30 | Duration: 00:18:30
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 82 of 86, Relationship Breakups, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.