This lesson begins with a discussion about the client from the last lesson. The female client, a somnambulist, had a very interesting case. Next Dr. Kappas discusses migraine headaches, how they occur, what they are precisely, and why they sometimes develop while in hypnosis. Then he demonstrates a fascinating method of providing instant relief. Then an interview and hypnotherapy with Anita, a female client, Emotional sexual - Physical suggestible, who has had migraines since the age of twenty. Dr. Kappas gives good explanations of suggestibility and hypnosis. Then a good demonstration, in hypnosis, of pain control.
Essay Question: Why do some clients develop headaches in hypnosis?
- Chapter 1 - Dr. Kappas discusses the last client and her hypnosis with the group. The previous lesson was with a female somnambulist and very interesting.
Start: 00:00:00 | End: 00:14:18 | Duration: 00:13:32
- Chapter 2 - Dr. Kappas explains migraine headaches and how they occur, to the group. Then he demonstrates a fascinating method of instant migraine headache relief.
Start: 00:14:18 | End: 00:25:45 | Duration: 00:11:27
- Chapter 3 - (Essay Question Info) Why some clients develop headaches in or right after hypnosis. Emotional conflict or tension.
Start: 00:25:45 | End: 00:34:37 | Duration: 00:00:00
- Chapter 4 - Dr. Kappas and the group interview Anita, who suffers from migraine headaches. She had a lot of resentment as a teenager, and started having migraines at the age of twenty.
Start: 00:34:37 | End: 00:54:56 | Duration: 00:00:00
- Chapter 5 - Many members of the group give their views on what's going on with this client, and what should be done with her in therapy.
Start: 00:54:56 | End: 01:02:45 | Duration: 00:07:49
- Chapter 6 - Dr. Kappas explains to the client how her migraines occurred. Then he describes her suggestibility and how he intends to treat her problem in hypnotherapy.
Start: 01:02:45 | End: 01:09:00 | Duration: 00:06:15
- Chapter 7 - Dr. Kappas explains, in depth, suggestibility, and how it's applied in hypnosis. (This is a very good explanation of hypnosis.)
Start: 01:09:00 | End: 01:12:00 | Duration: 00:03:00
- Chapter 8 - Dr. Kappas tests her suggestibility and then does a very slow arm raising. No actual skin contact is made between her hand and her face, but a slow arm raising just means more overload and deepening. Then into the recliner for a progressive relaxation and therapy to move warmth from her head to her hands. This is a classic pain control technique, for migraines, in hypnotherapy.
Start: 01:12:00 | End: 01:51:59 | Duration: 00:39:59
Purchase Note: This is Lesson 83 of 86, Hypnosis for Migraine Headaches, from the Dr. Kappas Atlanta Series. When you purchase this series in full, you will receive access to all 86 2-hour lessons.