Ericksonian Hypnosis - Certification Course
Presented By: Michael A. Kamins, MA, LMFT, CCHt
Note for Attendees: There is also an Ericksonian Practice with Michael Kamins on Sun, Aug 27, 2023 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Pacific Time. This practice is not mandatory but encouraged if you can make it.
Become a Certified Practitioner of Ericksonian Hypnosis
Spend two full days immersed exclusively in the ideas and methods of Milton H. Erickson. Milton H. Erickson, MD (1901-1980) was one of the most innovative and effective hypnotherapists of all time, known especially for his indirect approach to “therapeutic trance.”
The 7-Step Strategy of Therapeutic Trance
This workshop is an intensive and broad exploration of the major concepts and techniques of Erickson’s hypnotic work. Not only a sprawling odyssey of cutting-edge ideas, this is also an opportunity to practice a variety of Erickson’s hypnotic communication patterns while learning a streamlined distillation of Ericksonian Hypnosis – “The 7-Step Strategy of Therapeutic Trance.”
Emphasizing trance-states and the utilization of “internal resources” (over direct suggestion), Therapeutic Trance uniquely supplements Hypnotherapy and can revolutionize your practice.
This 2-Day Comprehensive Ericksonian Hypnosis Certification Course Includes:
- The Four Concepts and Six Principles of the Ericksonian Approach, including Trance, Indirection, Utilization and Destabilization
- Opportunities to practice a 7-Step Strategy of Therapeutic Trance
- A set of 33 Flashcards to help learn Erickson’s hypnotic language patterns
- A primer on Conversational Hypnosis and the “Milton Model”
- The three types of hypnotic stories/anecdotes (Metaphorical, Interspersal, Evocative)
- How to construct metaphors from a client’s “figures of speech” and the four archetypal elements (Earth, Air, Water, Fire)
- The three basic processes of therapeutic trance (Evoke, Allow, Pace)
- The use of symbolic interfaces to utilize the power of the “unconscious mind”
- The use of anecdotes and metaphors to elicit a variety of trance phenomena
- Transcripts of two clinical cases and a demonstration
- A unique opportunity to discover how Kappasinian E&P applies to Ericksonian approaches
- 180 days access to the live on Zoom recording
- 129-page Ericksonian Hypnosis workbook (PDF) including a set of informative tables, transcripts, and excerpts from Erickson’s own work
- AHA Certification as an Ericksonian Hypnosis Practitioner
- Total 20 Elective Hours/CEU Certificate
NOW Live on Zoom: The American Hypnosis Association is proud and excited to now offer students around the world this exciting, Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) seminar, Live on Zoom.
Regardless of where you live in the world you can attend this live interactive online course directly from your home or office through Zoom Meetings. Live questions and answers with your Instructor and interaction with your peers are delivered in real time.
Pay-Per-View Only Option: You also have the option to purchase just the Pay-Per-View streaming video without the Live on Zoom course, this is the studio recorded online streaming video only option. See promotional pricing and more information on the PPV Only Option.
Live on Zoom Bonus: In addition to the Live on Zoom seminar, we will also provide you with 180 days access to the Pay-Per-View streaming video. This is the professionally recorded online streaming video previously recorded in the HMI studios. This allows you to review and study the course on streaming video after the Zoom event.