Questions and Answers
- Is HMI’s training taught by just one Instructor?
- What makes HMI different from other Schools of Hypnotism?
- Do HMI courses provide Continuing Education hours for Registered Nurses?
- Does HMI coursework provide CEUs for Marriage and Family Therapists?
- Does HMI provide a library for its students?
- What kinds of practical learning experience does HMI offer in the training?
- Can students earn money while they are studying at HMI?
- Does the school certify me as a “Hypnotherapist?”
- Is there State Certification?
- What about Continuing Education?
1. Is HMI’s training taught by just one Instructor?
No. Because the study of human behavior is full of complexities and varying opinions, HMI prefers to provide its students with a full range of instructional expertise. HMI’s educational staff represents a variety o backgrounds, degrees, and therapeutic strategies.
2. What makes HMI different from other Schools of Hypnotism?
HMI’s is unique in several ways. First is its nationally accredited one year curriculum. Next is the large teaching staff that expose HMI students to a wide array of techniques and philosophies. Another feature of HMI’s training is the use of "live" subjects tins the classrooms that allow HMI students to see "real therapy" in progress. Perhaps most important is HMI’s in-house, supervised internship that allows students to begin building a private practice before they leave the school.
3. Do HMI courses provide Continuing Education hours for Registered Nurses?
Yes. HMI courses are approved by the California State Board of Registered Nurses, as a provider of continuing education. HMI’s Hypnosis 101 provides 24 hours of Continuing Education, and Clinical Hypnosis 201 provides 48 hours of Continuing Education.
4. Does HMI coursework provide CEU’s for Marriage and Family Therapists?
Yes. HMI is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide CEUs. The institution provides 1 CEU for each hour of instruction offered.
5. Does HMI provide a library for its students?
HMI provides its students with an extensive video library. HMI video library features more that 200 hours of hypnosis and hypnotherapy related material. There is no additional charge for students to use the HMI video library. All tapes must be watched at HMI, Monday - Saturdays. Reservation for viewing can be made in person or by phone.
6. What kinds of practical learning experience does HMI offer in the training?
HMI offers a progression of practical experiences starting with supervised practice of induction skills with fellow students, the as a group interviewing "real clients" planning a therapeutic strategy, and watching the instructor do the first therapy session in the classroom. In the final level students begin working with clients privately in the clinic and meeting with a supervisor weekly for advice and supervision.
7. Can students earn money while they are studying at HMI?
Yes. 501 students have the opportunity to start earning money in private practice during their internship program. HMI internship provides the student with an office secretary, booking, billing services, as well as clinical supervision. Interns are responsible for learning to promote and advertise their hypnotherapy services. The intern decides what he or she wants to charge for their services. It can range from free to $100 per session. The goal is for the student to start their private practice, begin earning money, and gain supervised clinical experience all before they leave the safety net of HMI environment.
8. Does the school certify me as a "Hypnotherapist?"
No. your studies at HMI earn you a Nationally Accredited diploma in Hypnotherapy. This educational award fulfills all of the requirements of certification as “Hypnotherapist” with the American Hypnosis Association (AHA).
9. Is there State Certification?
There is no State or Government certification or regulation of hypnotherapy in California. Certification is a voluntary process and is available only from independent certification groups. HMI recommends the American Hypnosis Association (AHA).
10. What about Continuing Education?
The American Hypnosis Association (AHA) provides continuing education and professional networking opportunities to HMI graduates.