Biography for Kimberly Matthes, MEd, CHt
Kimberly is a natural guide, empath, and problem solver. She has spent over two decades listening between the lines, brainstorming outcomes, building community and rapport, and honoring individual progress and anonymity. She takes her human interactions seriously and feels honored to hold space for those who are ready to mentally and emotionally exhale.
Kimberly is a seasoned middle school teacher and school administrator with over 25 years in K-12 private, public, and charter school education. After 10 years as head of schools, she resigned and enthusiastically returned to the classroom.
She quickly observed a substantial change in students’ social, emotional, academic, and mental wellness; it had become compromised by the swift changes of the 21st century and the absorptive use of smartphones, gaming, and social media.
It was clear, kids were feeling overwhelmed, isolated, and confused about how to find balance in an ever-changing digital landscape. Kimberly was limited as a teacher, but as a hypnotherapist, she is able to subconsciously support kids and their families in a more magnificent way.
Kimberly’s call to hypnotherapy, specifically her work with kids, is very intuitive and natural. Her natural ability to make people feel comfortable, heard, and respected is a direct result of working intimately with students, families, staff, and the community during her tenure in education. In addition, her own experience using hypnotherapy allowed her to overcome her fear of flying.
For over two decades within her school communities, Kimberly has held space and been present in celebratory moments, as well as moments of profound, personal upheaval. Her intrinsic motivation for helping people work through their personal and professional challenges, informed her recent transition into hypnotherapy, allowing her to continue to guide, teach, and scaffold a therapeutic plan of action for her clients’ best life.
Kimberly lives in Thousand Oaks, California with her husband, two middle schoolers, 3 dogs, 8 chickens, and 3 reptiles. She is a believer in the ability to manifest an abundant life, rising above and creating new root systems. “I know when people are tired enough of being tired, they will find their guide.”
- Attitude Adjustment
- Change Habits
- Lack of Ambition
- Reach Goals
- Resistance to Change
- Self Confidence
- Self Defeating Behaviors
- Self Esteem
- Self Image
- Social Phobia
- Study Habits
No matter how torn, we can always take incremental steps to manifest an abundant life, rising above and creating new root systems.
I fell in love with teaching because I help kids navigate and explore their true potential; I became a hypnotherapist for the same reason. With your permission, we take a peaceful hypnotic journey, opening the subconscious mind to reframe a problem and relieve its negative impact on your life. Hypnotherapy is a silent partner in manifesting general self-improvement and overall mental and emotional satisfaction.
Using the centuries-old practice of hypnotherapy, I help my clients renegotiate their lives and release, once and for all, their worn-out sense of self and old, looping messages from the past.
I work with a wide variety of clients but I always include kids. As a classroom teacher, I help kids regulate their emotions on the surface; as a hypnotherapist, I help kids regulate their emotions at the root. Being a kid in the 21st century, specifically in the past decade, has profoundly impacted our kids' mental, social, and emotional wellness. Hypnotherapy is an organic way to help kids center themselves and untangle the daily bombardment of messaging, in addition to regulating and returning perspective to their lives.
Twenty-five years as a teacher and school administrator, have taught me to listen between the lines, brainstorm outcomes, and honor individual progress and anonymity. Together, we create and anchor new perspectives so you can fully inhale the future and exhale the past!
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Honors
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - Nationally Accredited College of Hypnotherapy - 818-758-2747
Date Started: 02/23/2021 - Date Graduated: 03/30/2022
Total Hours: 720 - Total Weeks: 52 - Total Years: 1
- Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies
Date Started: 04/01/1996 - Date Graduated: 04/01/1999
- Masters of Education
Date Started: 04/01/2004 - Date Graduated: 04/01/2004
Continuing Education from the American Hypnosis Association
- 5 Powerful Ways to Launch, Market, and Grow Your Hypnotherapy Practice - 05/2021
- Body Syndromes - 12/2021
- Cheryl O'Neil/April - Confidence for Auditions - 06/2021
- Cheryl O'Neil/Linda - Weight Loss, Mend Broken Heart - 12/2021
- Cheryl O'Neil/Patrick - Motivation for Writing Novel - 02/2022
- Elaine Perliss/Carla - Fear of Flying - 11/2021
- Embracing Your Shadow Self - 03/2022
- First Three Hypnosis Sessions - 10/2021
- Getting Comfortable with Silence - 02/2022
- Healthy Boundaries - 12/2021
- Hypnosis for Past Life Regression Therapy - 01/2022
- Hypnosis in History - 01/2021
- Intuitive and Energy Healing - 04/2021
- John Melton/Logan - Emotions - 10/2021
- John Melton/Todd - Anxiety and Panic Attacks - 11/2021
- Kappasinian Hypnosis - 05/2021
- Lisa Machenberg/Aaron - Starting a Business - 05/2021
- Lisa Machenberg/Carissa - School Anxiety, Relationship - 07/2021
- Lisa Machenberg/Harrison - Family Trauma - 02/2022
- Lisa Machenberg/Jay - Creativity and Focus - 03/2022
- Marc Gravelle/Karen - Rebellious with Authority - 01/2022
- Mental Bank Seminar - 05/2021
- Michele Guzy/Diego - Procrastination - 07/2021
- NLP: Principles and Strategies of Success - 06/2021
- Research Articles Course - 02/2022
- Subtleties of Hypnotherapy - 01/2022
- Tapping the Subconscious through Conversational Hypnosis - 07/2021
- Teens - Managing Stress in this Fast-Paced Competitive World - 03/2021
- The Insider Secret to Generating and Retaining New Clients - 03/2021
- The Power of Releasing Guilt and Shame - 08/2021
- Uplifting Depression - How Hypnotherapy Can Help - 01/2022
- Certified Hypnotherapist
Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 - 818-743-0992
Certification Number: 61463914
Certification Valid To: Sep 05, 2022
Certifications from the American Hypnosis Association
- Hypnosis and Transgender Clients - 04/2021
- Hypnosis for the Caregiver - 10/2021
- Honors Graduate
Hypnosis Motivation Institute - 03/30/2022
- American Hypnosis Association
Member Since: 2021
- Hypnotherapists Union Local 472
Member Since: 2021
Two Winds Hypnotherapy
Two Winds Hypnotherapy
Thousand Oaks, California 91362, United States